Lex Koller (English)
The bilateral agreements with the EU came into effect on 1 June 2002. The bilateral agreement on the free movement of persons led to a partial revision of the federal law on the acquisition of real estate by non-residents (Lex Koller). The amendments concern the terms "non-resident" and "cross-border commuter". The revised federal law took effect on 1 June 2002.
- Clarification by Land Registry Office on whether a process for establishment of non-requirement of authorization is to be initiated
- Cross-border commuters
- Legal position on the acquisition of real estate by citizens of EU and EFTA Member States
- Maintenance of existing regulations in effect for non-residents (i.e. non-citizens of EU/EFTA Member States)
- Process for establishment of non-requirement of authorization by the Department of Economic Affairs
- Taking effect and transitional provisions