Navigieren auf Kanton Zug

Inhaltsnavigation auf dieser Seite


5 Work & residence permits

5 Work and residence permits
Bild Legende:

Gainful employment of foreign nationals without a C settlement permit requires a permit or, in certain cases, must at least be reported to the competent authority. The necessary information can be found on the website of the Office for Migration of the Canton of Zug. Further information can be found in the brochure Zug: doing business from the Economic Promotion.

Contact for EU/EFTA nationals
Nationals of the European Union (EU) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) who reside in Switzerland for gainful employment purposes generally have a legal right to admission to the labor market under the EU/EFTA bilateral agreements. The Office for Migration approves the residence upon presentation of an employment contract.

Office for Migration AfM
Aabachstrasse 1
6301 Zug 
Tel. 041 728 50 71

Contact for non-EU/EFTA nationals
For these nationals, the permit requirements of the Swiss Federal Act on Foreign Nationals (FNIA) and the Decree on Admittance, Residence and Employment (VZAE) apply. The work permits are limited under a quota system. 

Office for Economy and Labor AWA
Aabachstrasse 5
6301 Zug
Tel. 041 728 55 20

Weitere Informationen

hidden placeholder